Sunday, April 1, 2012

{april JBS Merchantile kit reveal...

Can I get a hell yeah!!! This kit was exactly what I needed to get me back into the scrapbooking mode. The combination of colors and embellishments were right up my alley!

Photobucket
Awe*sume:: This layout consists of the Main only plus a few manilla office supply tags. I used the exclusive stamp with the Cough Syrup ink pad. One thing I like to do to get nice bold colors when stamping is to ink my stamps with a Versamark pad first. This makes them sticky and helps hold the ink color better.

Photobucket
Lego Party:: April Main + Mini
I've long been a woodgrain fan, so I knew this sheet would the base to one of my layouts as soon as I saw it. This layout went super quick once I found the right placement of all the little photos. Sometimes it's just a matter of pushing things around the page for awhile. The AC journaling cards gave me the perfect place to randomly journal.

Photobucket
You Best Wear A Hair Bonnet:: This may be my favorite layout from this month. Not only was it fun to create by using the mask with mist, and the exclusive stamp with the chewing gum paint dabber, but I was able to record a special little memory that the photos brought back. Always try to incorporate some sort of journaling....always!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Cheese Ball:: I can honestly say for one reason or another I have never had the chance to use Hambly rubons. And man have I been missing out! I love rubons & sort of miss seeing them around more. Let me tell ya! These are the cream of the crop! They look like you've just embossed the image; but so much easier! Also, there really wasn't any pink in the kit {which is totally okay} but, I wanted something to coordinate with the photo. So, I again used the bubble gum paint dabber with the exclusive stamp. That's what makes stamping so versatile! Whether you use inks or paints; you can make it work for your design.

Photobucket
King of the Coop:: This months kits all combined so nicely and that's what I've done here. I always look for bits and pieces to punch from or use in a different way. The grey & dark blue {small} stars are both punched from the borders of the AC journaling cards.

Photobucket
Smiles just for daddy:: This layout is again a combination of all the kits. I had fun by throwing it all into a big pile & just pulling the pieces as I needed them. The medium butterfly punch was the perfect dainty detail.

Photobucket
Down forty lbs.:: This was my last layout I created during my late night scrapbooking adventure the other night. It's a page about me... for me. And I realized; that sometimes we just need to do that! Record your thoughts; good or bad. And yes, I cuss twice on this page & spelled forty wrong...sorry. It's now fixed but after I took the pic.

3 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

These layouts are just gorgeous! Fabulous work, you really showed off this kit!

Jennifer Chapin said...

I love this kit and I love your layouts!

Diana Waite said...

Man you SERIOUSLY ROCKED the house with these layouts! These are all SO amazing!! Thanks for the much needed inspiration! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails