Wednesday, April 11, 2012

{birthday wish...JBS digital..

Ever since Jenni Bowlin Studios teamed up with jessicasprague.com to offer digital kits, I've been dying to give it a try.
I started with the beautiful Varsity Collection:



I knew I wanted to use photos from Ella's recent birthday party; but I wanted to expand the colors of the kit just a bit. That is the beauty of digital!

I based it on the colors of the paper straws we had at the party:

Photobucket

So, with a few tweaks here & there to the kit, I created this:

Photobucket

To create the chevron looking paper in the background, I took the Varsity Fraternity Stripe:

Photobucket

I then "cut" strips and simply rotated them:

Photobucket
{so simple right?}

I also created the little ribbon piece through the process of cutting & pasting digi style.

Photobucket

Let me know if you have any questions for me! I don't call myself a digital scrapper, but it sure was alot of fun to play with! Do you have any suggestions for me? I'd love to learn how to create a "shadow"; say underneath the ribbon part. Kind of like putting it up on pop dots ya know?

1 comment:

Melissa Stinson said...

Megan- you layout is absolutely beautiful!

I'm also a paper scrapper who does a bit of digi on the side, and I actually purchased a package of shadow Styles for Photoshop to help. It's the best $3.99 I've spent on digi!

http://www.designhousedigital.com/gennifer-bursett/toolbox-shadows-v-1

Related Posts with Thumbnails