Monday, July 23, 2012

blog designing...

I'm no expert in Blogger that is for sure, but I do have fun playing with all the different options that are available.
So, when my friend Kim emailed me to help her spruce up her blog a bit, I was excited to help out. 

I began by searching Pinterest for links to free fonts like these...

Photobucket

Source: dafont.com

Photobucket

Source: Fontfabric

Photobucket

Source: Typedepot

I then searched through Kim's Pinterest page to see what sort of designs caught her eye. I found this one & loved the idea...





**Side note: Kim has lived in three different states and I know that she has gained family, friends, & tons of memories from each of her homes.
I wanted to incorporate that into her design.
Thus the focus on Utah,Iowa, & Texas.


Next stop: Google - where I found this image...

Photobucket

Source: Blue Monocle


Through the magic of Photoshop, I created this...

Photobucket


My color scheme came from this lovely image...

Photobucket

Source: How About Orange

All together now...

Photobucket
Head on over to Kim's blog to see the finished product & don't forget to leave her some love!

Tell me your thoughts. How does your creative process work?

5 comments:

justem said...

First, I haven't been to your actual blog (just through the reader) in awhile. Love your banner. Second...LOVE what you did for your friend! It's fantastic! :)

Wida said...

what a great post, design mine, design mine!!!

Kim said...

Thank you, thank you Megan! I am so happy with my new blog look! Watch out...I think you are going to be getting some blog design requests now!

Unknown said...

OK, what do I have to do to get you to design my blog? I am dying to redo mine. It looks great, Megan!

Penny Smith said...

See now... HOW long ago did I ask you? I am just plain jealous now! Geez! :0) Amy asked here! I asked MONTHS ago! Now go research my Pinterest (good luck-I have almost 5000 pins) lol!

Related Posts with Thumbnails