Tuesday, March 6, 2012

{a new morning routine...

Okay, let me start by saying I am NOT an early morning person. I'm just not. I never have been. {Well, with the exception of turkey hunting & a good yard sale}. But, I am making it my new goal to get up at 6:00am with Aaron and do a few exercises before the kids get up.
When I read the list of exercises Emily Pitts was doing, I thought okay...I can do that! I tweaked it just a bit, but this is what I'm working on right now...



I do have to note that the 90 seconds of jumping jacks are KILLER! Right now I'm only able to do about 60. Who would have thought those would be the hard ones. :0)

CHALLENGE::
I'm also inching closer to meeting my goal of running 40 miles in 4 weeks! I have until this Saturday the 10th to finish the remaining 4.2 miles. And with the weather being in the 50s & 60s the rest of the week...it's totally do-able!.
So, who wants to join me for the next 4 weeks? The goal is going to be 40 miles again. Walk it, Run it, Jog, it, Bike it, Eliptical it...however you get there. Let's do it! I will be starting the challenge on Nike Plus on Monday the 12th, so if you have that app & would like to join let me know so I can add you. If you don't have the app, but would still like to join, that is wonderful too! Email me {meganklauer@yahoo.com} & I can start a new Facebook group to communicate that way too!

Editted to add::
Please don't let the 40 miles scare you! That is only 10 miles a week - only 2.5 miles if you do it 4 times a week!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Megan, I am in!!! I will email you!!! Great idea and great job! I may get up at 5:15am just to do this list along with the tread!! :)

Rita said...

Megan - I'll take your challange - maybe having some other ladies to answer to will make me actually do the running :-) I have nike plus - did you create a challenge there?

Diana Waite said...

this is TOTALLY inspiring!! thanks Megan!

Anonymous said...

Count me in if you start a FB group.

Amanda Sanchez said...

count me in if you start a FB group

The Grissoms' Page said...

Megan - great challenge - count me in! Perfect with the time change so that it wont be dark outside when I get up in the am anymore!! Thanks! (You know I don't have FB or the Nike thingy... :( so I will just have to write it down with a good ole paper and pencil :)

Aynsley said...

What is a walk sit? Did the rest this a.m.- loved it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails