Wednesday, March 9, 2011

{birthday invite tutorial...

I posted the other day the invite I had been working on for ella's first birthday party. So I thought I'd share the process of how I finished them up...

I started with this photo I took last weekend in my "kitchen" studio...

Photobucket
{my "kitchen" studio consists of a roll of white paper, my kitchen window and my external flash bouncing off the ceiling. super simple}

Added text in photoshop...

Photobucket

Had them printed at mpix.com... gathered the extra material {I ordered from HERE when I ordered her dress from HERE}, and my ever trusty Xyron 150...

Photobucket

I ripped strips of the fabric to approx. 1/2" and ran it thru my {X}...

Photobucket
{note: I used repositionable tape in the X}

Then, create a ruffle at the top & bottom of the printed invite...

Photobucket

Ran it through my sewing machine...

Photobucket

And that's it! A few strips of fabric and you have something completely unique!

Photobucket

12 comments:

Shelley Haganman said...

These are to DIE for!! Love, love, love!!!!! You are amazing!!!! ;)

Carly said...

First your picture is gorgeous and what a cutie!! Totally adore the invite too! So super sweet!!

rkokes said...

absolutely LOVE these!!! great idea!

The Grissoms' Page said...

Such a clever idea to order the extra material to attach to the invite -- so cute!

Megan R said...

These turned out great!

AllyW said...

These are THE cutest invites i have EVER seen!!!!

Stacey Young said...

Gorgeous invites...love the material:) I just found your blog from the Sass blog and it is just adorable! Your style is so gorgeous and sweet, completely different from mine:) Have a fantastic day xo

Jennifer Chapin said...

Ack! These are too cute!

Keshet said...

Oh my gosh, these are GORGEOUS!

A splash of Sherry said...

Megan!!!So cute. Love the material!! Never thought to run material through the xyron.

Unknown said...

AMAZING!! LOVE THEM

Sheri Reguly said...

So pretty...love the fabric!!!
Her skirt is adorable...did you make it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails