Tuesday, May 19, 2009

{the long lost rainbow brite doll...

Sherry's blog challenge #10-Your fav. childhood memory:It could be your fav. toy as a child or a special occasion that happened when you were a child.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Journaling reads:
She was always one of my favorite dolls growing up & she was the "it" toy of her time. I believe my original is still @ mom & dad's amongst all of our other childhood playmates.
It was to our surprise when cleaning out grandma & grandpa castor's attic space that mom & I found an original rainbow bright still in the box. I...{in a childlike manner}...I exclaimed, "oh, my gosh! It's my rainbow brite doll!" and mom replied, "That's where that thing went! That was the year I had bought it for you for
Christmas and hid it so well, I had to buy you another one before Christmas day!"
After 21 years...my "long lost doll" was finally found!

17 comments:

Heather said...

I love this layout, oh my goodness so bright and happy colors.
I really love your layouts. I need to scrap more just have no motivation to do it, what gets you going?

meganklauer said...

I usually get the most scrappin done when I am supposed to be cleaning....it's seriously not my fav. chore! I also love to blog hop and studio calico is my new fav. gallery to check out for inspiration!

ckmom78 said...

love this!! So bright & cheery like rainbow brite_love the whole design-another fantastic layout & shakin that Sass again!!

Shake it Baby Shake it!!

Megan R said...

Love the colors and the journaling story!

Marit said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! I love your lay out AND the story that goes with it... so cute and funny!

The Grissoms' Page said...

You got some scrappin mojo goin on!! This is another absolutely awesome layout - and a great story to go along with it. Love it all!!

vtpuggirl said...

Awesome layout! What a great memory!

Christine said...

Think this is my new fave - love the bright, cheery colors!! The papers go perfect with your doll and story....you're rockin' your way to the top Megan!

A splash of Sherry said...

This is my fav. for now. I love all the bright colors. And I so remember seeing that picture of you girls with Grandma and Grandpa. I think my kids played with the Rainbow Brite. Great story.

Stacy said...

This layout brings back some great memories for me! I loved Rainbow Brite, and I would've loved to have found an original Rainbow Brite in the box. Thanks for sharing!

Kelly said...

I used to love Rainbow Brite!! What a fabulous layout xxx

Peggy said...

This is absolutely stunning!!!!!! This is everything what scrapbooking should be: I love the bright colours, the journaling, the design, just a fun page to look at and a wonderful way to preserve and pass on a great memory. Love love love it!
xxx Peggy

Sophia said...

I remember Rainbow Brite!!!! Oh my! It's somewhere distant in my memory! Thanks for reviving it!

Love how you work those yummy Sassafrass goodness! And congrats for being major featured on their blog! Way to go gal!

liz mataraza said...

i love it! never was into rainbow brite though...but i'm liking the orange hair! :)

april said...

Ha! i loved Rainbow Brite as a child. awesome LO!

michele said...

what an awesome layout! the papers are perfect with it!!

Anonymous said...

awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails