Thursday, May 28, 2009

{hijacked by the thicker craze...

journaling:
There was news on the web that Big Lots had Thickers for $2! So, Christina & I couldn't resist & took a trip to Galesburg. When we got there & there were none to be found, we asked a clerk if she "maybe had some in the back yet?". Long story short...we sat on the floor at BL and helped the poor clerk tag them & we went home 20+ packages happier!

{It didn't stop there because Christina "hijacked" her mom when she got home and went to the BL in Davenport to stock up on more! Hear her funny side of the day HERE.



Thanks CK for a fun day!

This layout is also for Sherry's blog challenge #7-Die cut page:I think most of us have a die cutting machine of some sort. If not use purchased die cuts.
{the flower behind the title is cut out using my Xyron PCS}

14 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my goodness, I love thickers and love this story/layout.
I so would have done the same thing. The things we do for scrapbooking items, LOL.

~*~ Stephanie ~*~ said...

LOL I hit 2 Big Lots yesterday and they none (not even in the back) have 3 more within 30 minutes of here that we are going to hit today! LOL I Love that you did a layout on this!!!

april said...

I'm so jealous, Megan. I put myself on a "no scrap crap buying freeze" for the month of May. Hoping there's still some left on June 1st! ;)

ckmom78 said...

love the layout! Yes my pics are screaming at me to scrap them too!But my bed was screamin' louder-LoL
Your title work is awesome again & love how you squeezed the flower in there...:0 )

The Grissoms' Page said...

Megan - I can't believe you already have this LO done!! What a great page and story - - I have to agree that those thickers are INCREDIBLY addictive!

Mindy said...

I see on Christina's blog that she said they were still some left so I am headed to BL today! Too bad I already put the baby to bed or I'd be going right now!

Christine said...

You two!! Just got back from Big Lots in Galesburg, there's still LOTS left....but I did the damage and took home 12 packs myself. The checker lady must have been the same one....she asked "what is up with these things, they're selling like hotcakes"...ha ha! "Scrapbookers" is what I told her and she nodded.

Shelley Haganman said...

You two girls are a hoot....but truth be told...I would have done the same thing too!!! Enjoy those Thickers (I love saying that word)!

A splash of Sherry said...

omg. I am sooooo jealous. Didn't know anything about this. Love the layout. Way cute and of cours love those Thickers.

Stacey Michaud said...

giggle! I made my way over to my Big Lots today and scored a few packages! I will be stalking over the next few days too! Cute layout!

Penny Smith said...

OK, your more pathetic about thickers than ME, that that is saying something! :)

Great LO as always! :)

pardonmycaboose said...

You girls crack me up!

Sophia said...

Oh my goodness! That's hilarious!!

Things that we do for a good deal for Thickers!!!! LOL!

Send me some!!!

Deborah said...

Your layout is too funny!!!!
I check out my Big Lots and found some, but not as many colors as I would have liked!

Related Posts with Thumbnails