Tuesday, June 25, 2013

around here :: Farm Happenings

Am I the only one who gets stuck in a creative slump?
While I hope it passes soon, I have been turning my focus on my garden, kiddos, & learning to keep up with everyday life.

Around here, the mulberry trees are full of plump tiny berries. We usually just pick a few and eat them as we go, but this year we used them to make jam for the first time. 

Introducing the Mulberry Monster ...



I chose a recipe using strawberries with these as well & it will be really good on biscuits I think!


Another batch of the strawberry-rhubarb jam went into the freezer as well.

Somebody is pretty proud of her new chore boots. ;)


Monday morning breakfast :: using up some passed due bananas


I won't claim to have a green thumb because I really really don't. But, I am doing my best to get there. I love to have flowers in bloom & watching the garden progress.






(Pumpkins)


(onions)


(peppers)


(kohlrabi)


(blueberries)


(zucchini)


(pole beans)


(snap peas)


(squash)


(peanut plants)

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Your garden looks great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails