Sunday, June 20, 2010

{misting clouds...

A quick & easy way to create a fun background is through misting. It is so much fun to work with and so very addicting! To create my "summer" clouds. I simply handcut some fluffy clouds out of scrap pieces of thin chipboard...



Photobucket



Placed them randomly on the cardstock...



Photobucket

{I use a cardboard box to contain the mist from going everywhere!}



And mist away...

Photobucket



Next, the grass... I used a trim from the Artsy Urban - Felt Die Cut Borders...




I cut the piece of trim in half and layered them to even it out a bit...

Photobucket



I fluffed it up and tore it a bit to make it look a bit more "real"...

Photobucket



add embellishments...

Photobucket



do some inking on the clouds to make them "pop"...

Photobucket



and your layouts complete!

Photobucket



Happy Father's Day to all the dads!

11 comments:

Deanna said...

Oh Megan, I hope you don't mind, but I'm SOOO doing this! I absolutely love it! Great LO and LOVE the clouds!

Michelle StClair said...

Wow. Megan! This is awesome! Thanks for sharing your instructions!

Megan R said...

Awesome! Love the pen through the clouds!

Shelley Haganman said...

You SO rock! I am so doing this! TFS!

Angie said...

Gorgeous layout Megan! Love all the little details!

A splash of Sherry said...

Thanks for the tips. Love them. I am def. going to try it. Love the layout. He is a pretty cool guy.

Heather said...

what a great layout. loving all your use of clouds.

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ckmom78 said...

great technique & love your step by step pics..awesome lo!!

Sarah Mullanix said...

this is awesome!! LOVE the way the sky fades as it decends, very cool technique!!! will try this one for sure! :)

Penny Smith said...

I'm all about the details... :)
What color mist did you use? Maya or Tattered??
I just bought a sunflower yellow by Maya today. LOVE!
I am SO in love with your clouds!
TOO cute! Great LO!

Related Posts with Thumbnails