Tuesday, September 10, 2013

PreK :: Back to School with Crate Paper


Crate Paper is celebrating Back to School all this week!
Check out the blog for some fun inspiration!




Just as everyone warns us: our little ones grow all too quickly. A few weeks ago, I took our youngest to her first day of Preschool. After signing in, they handed her a notebook and asked her to sign her name. I thought, "Wow, epic fail." I hadn't prepared her as I should have. Well, although the first few days were just squiggles on the paper; now a week later, she keeps getting better and better! I'm so proud of her and I wanted to document that in her album. The technique I used was simple. I asked Ella to write her name on a manilla tag using a white crayon. I then used a few different colors of mist to "reveal" her letters. The wax of the crayons acts as a resist to the mist; creating a unique way to highlight such a special accomplishment.


2 comments:

Leanne said...

this LO is beautiful!! And I adore the technique used on the tag! I must give that one a go!! TFS..x

Stephanie said...

Beautiful layout! Love the wood veneer hearts

Related Posts with Thumbnails